Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas







Well, we survived Christmas! It was mixed with feelings this year. Happy times and sad times. An empty spot with Dad gone. We really missed him....He always liked this time of year when family got together alot. He is with Jesus this year and not in any pain....and walking!!!

I did get my shopping done a couple days early this year. So, I had some time to relax. Things have been a little different this year, with 2 in college the $$$ is a little tight. But God is good!! Nathan said the other day that, " It seems, the older you get, your needs and wants, sort of... are the same." I told him, "No, that is just a poor college student with poor parents." No, we are very blessed!

I put up Mom's tree and put the lights on it, Jennifer finished it. Jen went out and helped her get some things done. Mom has been sick for over 3 weeks. Took her and Ashley to the Dr. again and she put them on antibiotics. I think they are both feeling a little better.

We are still working on legal things for Aunt Dorine and Uncle Jim. It just seems it drags on.......but I know sooner or later it will be done. It will be a relief. I think they have finally adjusted to the nursing home. Aunt Dorine sometimes askes when will she be able to go to Luther Pines. We keep telling her that the Dr. has to approve for her to be able to stay by herself, and that there is no way she can. Then she doesn't say anything for a while. Aunt Ruby keeps forgetting that Dad died, so she keeps asking Mom where her husband is. I know it is hard on Mom. When she tells her that Dad died, Aunt Ruby says that's right, then responds in different ways each time.

Everyone was home for Christmas with the Snyder's. We went to Mom's. Michael and Nathan was both home. Michael will leave Saturday. Nathan went to PA to spend time with Amanda and her family, till Sunday. Then he will leave Monday afternoon for Cincinnati. His classes start Tuesday. Ashley is taking a couple calsses at Rhodes State this Winter qtr. Jennifer starts school on Monday. They are going to have their Christmas party Monday because they had to cancell school on Friday before Christmas because of the weather.
Christmas with the Bailey's was postponed till January 17, 2009.

Jen went to Ashley Martins Birthday party sleepover for New Years eve. Ashley, Steve & I went to Den & Deb's and ate taco's, lots of taco's and stuff! Everyone was there except Jen, Nate & Daran, but really was..... via cell phone on speaker! What would we do with out cell phones!

I have posted some new pictures on my facebook. I do better loading them on there than I do on my blog so check them out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed New Year!!~












No comments: