Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Year

The new year seems to have many changes............good and I am not sure yet. It has been a busy one, as usual, it seems. We celebrated Mom's 72nd birthday on the 4th at Den & Deb's. Michael had to be back on base on Sat. the 3rd, so he didn't get to be there. Nathan didn't get back from Amanda's but everyone else was there. Nathan went back to Cincinnati on Monday the 5th. We had Christmas with the Bailey's on Sat. the 17th. Nathan was home and brought Amanda. We really enjoyed having her here and hope she wants to come back. After meeting all the family she may not want to. It was a little scary!!! You know how they all want to test them to see if they will survive! Well they did and ...................we will see.
I have been called for "jury dury" for the next 3 months. Well I had to go Tues. and I wasn't needed, they didn't need me. I was there from 8:30 till 11:00 when they got their questioning done. I was a little disappointed, I was hoping I would serve. I find it interesting.
Well....we have a new President. We will see......................... We need to stay in constant prayer. I really think there has been too much hopla about all of it. I know it is history but, it all is.
Well, there are 4 other Birthday's this month and we will be celebrating those yet on Saturday, 24th. Paul II, Daran, Derek & Bethany. What a celebration month!!! It is always fun! We used to celebrate them all seperate, but there is getting to be so many, some have to be celebrated together. I know I have rambled on, but just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.
Mom's health is pretty good, she has her good days and bad days. I guess we over protect her, but I don't want her out in the ice by herself. I know she gets stir crazy from being in, but she is coping well. Dennis has not been well with his health. Please pray for him if you think of him. The rest of us are fat and sassy!

1 comment:

Marea P said...

No pictures from the Bailey Christmas get together? Or was it a lack of cooperation? :)
One does have to feel a bit sorry for Amanda, since she got a double dose of exposure: your family AND the church family (we might have contributed a little to that :))!